CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
Kernel: 6.1
Desktop-Variante: XFCE und KDE Stable, Testing, Unstable
GPU Treiber: Free
Danksagung erhalten: 149 Mal

Manjaro lxqt 17.0 (net edition)

Beitrag von Blueriver »

the manjaro team (namely artoo and philm) has expanded calamares in the last months and adopted our tools to support a new net-install feature of calamares.
based on their work, i am able to release manjaro lxqt 17.0 (to be precise, the systemd ISOs. artoo buids the openrc ISOs).

the new manjaro lxqt 17.0 is completely different than previous ISO images:

previous manjaro ISOs worked like this: you can boot a livecd and manjaro lxqt appeared on your screen. you could play around with it and install it to your hard drive (using the calamares installer). calamares installed (almost) all packages from the livecd to your hard drive. you probably had to update some packages to the latest version after booting into your installed system.

the manjaro lxqt 17.0 ISO works in a similar way: you can boot a livecd and manjaro lxqt appeares on your screen. you can play around with it and start calamares. calamares offers you a choice of packages you can install. all pacakges you select get downloaded (the latest version of those packages. please wait until that is done!) and installed to your hard drive.
if you do not select any packages (and also untick "network" group), your installed system will boot to tty and does not even have an internet connection (because only "base" package group, kernel, boot loader, and 10 essential manjaro packages were installed). such a bare minimum install is much more basic than my previously released manjaro net-minimal edition: it has only 200 packages installed in total!
if you select all packages, a fully functioning, manjaro-themed lxqt system with more packages than on the livecd is installed to your hard drive.

there are currently efforts to create a CLI installer for manjaro linux. such a CLI installer can reduce the ISO size dramatically compared to manjaro lxqt 17.0. i do not have the intention to decrease the ISO size as much as possible. instead, i want to present a rather nice looking lxqt system to the user, which has some rescue tools already preinstalled:

qupzilla (simple internet browser for visiting this forum and downloading manjaro ISOs)
manjaro-tools-base (for chrooting into existing manjaro systems)
imagewriter (for "burning" ISO images to an usb drive)
partitionmanager (to partition your hard drive)
please keep in mind that this is my first release of this kind. the net-install feature of calamares is also really fresh. there are still ways to improve.

troubleshooting:

in some (seemingly random) cases, an extremely slow manjaro mirror is set up for you. in this case, downloading packages during installation will need EXTREMELY long and sometimes never finish at all.
in order to prevent this, open a terminal in the livecd and execute the following command before you install manjaro lxqt 17.0 (net edition):

Code: Alles auswählen

sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip && sudo pacman -Syy

Download Manjaro lxqt

Quelle
Zuletzt geändert von Blueriver am Mittwoch 8. März 2017, 21:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Manjaro LXQT und XFCE Stable, Testing, Unstable
CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
Graka: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
Treiber: Free
Kernel: 4.20
Antworten

Zurück zu „Manjaro Lxde/Lxqt“