Autor Thema: Manjaro Deepin 17.0 rc1 [unstable]  (Gelesen 652 mal)

Blueriver

• Dankeschön: 206 mal
  • CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
  • GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
  • Kernel: 4.19
  • DE: LXQT und XFCE Stable, Testing, Unstable
  • GPU Treiber: Free
Manjaro Deepin 17.0 rc1 [unstable]
« am: 30. März 2017, 06:53:41 »
Late to the 17.0 party... !

Anyway. I will call this a release candidate even though it is built against unstable branch, because this is where the best working Deepin packages live at the moment for several reasons ...

Many bugs of the latest development have been fixed by Deepin, one must admit. Still it can be a bit bumpy for a while and I would not really encourage you to use this as your office OS. But I hope that things are now smoothing out slowly and another Deepin release cycle seems to be over with a lot of quite exciting changes and added features to this certainly special desktop environment.

Deepin is good for strong opinions! Some totally love it, others hate it - I do both, kind of

Customization ... well. Deepin goes its own ways and theming is more or less what the makers decide. So don't expect to apply your gtk-favourites like you do elsewhere!

Deepin-Dock has its two modes ("fashion" and "efficient") and it can now be moved nicely to any screen edge. Just don't even think about removing or replacing it!

Corner Navigation has been improved (?) by making it less sensitive. You will now not just touch the corner with your cursor but will then need to pull it out of the screen so to say. Its a good idea I think because you will now not trigger the corners accidentally the whole time. The disadvantage is that it doesn't play nicely in a virtual box like that.

The Control Center has been completely redesigned. At first I just wanted the old one back, but meanwhile I have at least started considering the new one with its quite fancy weather app (wich is working now almost reliably, hey!), with its funny double click test cat and a quite cool new glassy transparency that it shares with the right click desktop menu...

Wallpapers can now be applied per workspace simply by right clicking there and selecting one from a scrollable strip at the bottom of the screen, and you can also set it separately for the lock screen now - awesome!

A Deepin-Screenrecorder has been added and a quite hilarious new maritime icon theme ...
The new default Deepin cursor theme looks really cool I think - even so that I decided not to replace it with anything else.

Deepin is still quite resource hungry, even more than it was for a while I'm afraid and I hope that some optimization is still going to happen again in the near future.

Anyhow. Have fun testing this thing!
Cheers!

Download

Quelle
Manjaro LXQT und XFCE Stable, Testing, Unstable
CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
Graka: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
Treiber: Free
Kernel: 4.19